Old Faithful is the most famous geyser of the 500 geysers in Yellowstone National Park. Named for its frequent and rather predictable eruptions, Old Faithful is the most visited geologic feature in the park. Witnessing this notable geyser in the winter is a special experience, since there are fewer crowds and a very picturesque environment with the area blanketed in snow. The Old Faithful Snowmobile Tour is perfect for the naturalist, photographer or history buff as we will make several stops along the way viewing the beautiful landscape, scenery, as well as help you learn and experience first hand the history and geological features of the park.
Old Faithful Snowmobile Tour Details
You will be picked up between 6:00am and 7:00am from your lodging, where you will be driven to Flagg Ranch, which is ideally located on the banks of the scenic Snake River two miles south of Yellowstone National Park and five miles north of Grand Teton National Park. Once at the ranch, you’ll enjoy a hot breakfast and will be outfitted with snowmobile gear including: boots, one-piece snowsuit, and a helmet.
After breakfast and getting situated with gear, you’ll travel 45 miles on a groomed trail to Old Faithful, making several stops along the way. Points of interest may include Moose Falls, Lewis Canyon, Lewis Falls, and West Thumb Geyser Basin. During these pit stops, you may see paint pots (miniature mud volcanoes that are smelly and unusual), waterfalls, and beautiful scenery. You’ll arrive at your destination, Old Faithful, and see this epic geyser erupt. You’ll then have lunch before continuing on your adventure back to the ranch. You’ll return to your lodging between 6:00pm and 7:00pm.
- Total Trip Time: 12 Hours
- Departure Times: 6:00am-7:00am
- Trip Ideal For: Families, photographers, history enthusiasts
- Meals Menu: Breakfast and lunch are included
- Snowmobile Type: 2016 or ’17 Ski-Doo 4-stroke machines
- Age Restrictions: Drivers must have a valid driver’s license and passengers must be 8 years or older, although we recommend being at least 10 years or older
Old Faithful Snowmobile Tour Pricing
- $280-$495 per driver and $175-$315 per passenger
- Pricing depends on trip date and passenger ages
- Hotel pick-up is included
- Park entrance fee is not included – $50 per snowmobile
- Guide gratuity is not included
- Gloves, winter clothing, thermals, balaclava, camera, driver’s license
- Please note that the Wyoming car seat laws state that kids under 9 years old must ride in a federally approved child safety seat in the back seat. If you have children that are 9 or younger, you are responsible for making sure your child has the proper safety seat for the tour.
There is a 100% cancellation fee when cancellation is given within 48 hours of trip departure. Our cancellation policy also applies to any changes on a reservation that are 48 hours prior to trip departure. Since 48 hours is rather lenient, we do not make exceptions; please take precautions such as trip insurance in case of any emergencies, last minute changes, flight issues, etc. For private trips, the cancellation period is increased from 48 hours to 72 hours. All tours are subject to change due to weather, poor snow conditions and an insufficient number of people.