There are plenty of good reasons to come to Jackson Hole. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort has world class skiing and there are still many options to visit Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park. The greater Yellowstone Region including Jackson Hole offers some of the best snowmobiling in the world. If you are coming to Jackson in the winter, set at least one day aside for snowmobiling Jackson Hole.
Where is Jackson Hole?
Jackson Hole is located in northwestern corner of Wyoming near the Idaho border. The biggest town in the region is Jackson, WY. The valley itself is magnificent and is surrounded by Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest. The area encompasses over 3.5 million acres of land that is protected by the federal government. This provides a perfect environment for snowmobiling.
Snowmobiling Jackson Hole – Tours
If you are planning on snowmobiling Jackson Hole here are some trips to consider.
- CONTINENTAL DIVIDE : The Continental Divide guided tour is incredible, and the trail system has 270 miles of groomed trails with incredible scenery and opportunities for spotting wildlife.
- BROOKS LAKE : Each day multiple trips go out to Brooks Lake near Yellowstone. It features historic Brooks Lake Lodge and Spa which was historically a stopover point for visitors to Yellowstone in the 1920s.
- TOGWOTEE PASS : Togwotee Pass offers incredible snowmobiling, receiving over 500 inches of snow annually. This area is recognized as one of the top snowmobiling locations in the world.
- GRANITE HOT SPRINGS : One of the shorter tours is the trip to Granite Hot Springs. This is a relatively short snowmobile trip (half-day), is extremely fun. Visitors travel ten miles into a scenic natural hot spring, where you get to soak and relax.
- YELLOWSTONE : Every day multiple trips go to Old Faithful and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone in Yellowstone National Park. This famous park offers peace and solitude during the winter because the visitor traffic is greatly reduced.
- GROS VENTRE : There are daily trips that go to the Gros Ventre Range, which is great for spotting wildlife and offers incredible scenery.
- BRIDGER-TETON : The Bridger-Teton tour starts at Togwotee Pass and travels deep into the Wyoming wilderness. This Jackson Hole snowmobile tour runs until April 15.
There are numerous options for renting snowmobiles in Jackson Hole if you prefer not to take a tour. Hundreds of miles of trails are accessible to the public. Self-guided trips are affordable but often require towing a trailer as well.
Snowmobiling Jackson Hole is as good as it gets. Call us today to discuss your choices for exploring this amazing winter wonderland. To drive a snowmobile you must have a valid driver’s license.
Snowmobiling in Jackson Hole WY
The snowmobiling season runs from mid-November through mid-April. The Continental Divide and Bridger-Teton tours run a bit longer than other tours, starting both early in the season and running later.
Snowmobile Rental in Jackson WY
Are tours not your thing? Do you prefer to plan your own route? Then renting may be a better choice for you. Give us a call and reserve a snowmobile rental in Jackson Hole Wyoming. There are plenty of trails to choose from and you have the option to navigate them on your own. Click on this link to visit our “Jackson Hole Snowmobile Rentals” page.